Friday, May 25, 2012

A Successful Soccer Season

The rain has not cooperated with Oliver's (already short - just 5 weeks) soccer season, so they hosted an extra make-up session last Friday at 4pm, (prefect for these two working parents).  I had been pressuring Adam to come watch, but 11am on Wednesday isn't exactly the best time to be slipping out of work for over an hour. I loved watching Adam see how much fun Oliver was having. 

























The class involves parental participation, so I was also appreciative that Adam was on hand to be the one running around instead of me!



Both times I have been to soccer, Oliver would frequently stop whatever activity he was in the middle of to come touch base with me for a quick snuggle, before turning around and running back to the coaches. 

The class is for 2 & 3 year olds - Oliver turned two just a few days before the soccer season started and its easy to tell he's the youngest when you see him surrounded by the other kids - what a little munchkin! 

Afterwards, we played at the playground and in Fitlers Park, where it seemed every family within a 20 block radius was hanging out.  The "cool" moms were drinking something pink out of plastic cups.  (Mental note - make friends with them while I'm on maternity leave!).  After digging in the dirt with some soccer/daycare buddies, we went for a quick drink/appetizer before heading home.  It was a great start to the weekend!


No comments: