Thursday, September 18, 2014

September Activities

We thoroughly enjoyed our summer at the bungalow, but I for one am happy to not be doing all the driving back and forth anymore.  We've been keeping busy since then and are getting out and about as much as we can in Philly with the boys.  Here are some photo (collages) of our recent outings. 

Last Friday, I took the boys all to the Smiths Playground after nap.  There is a giant slide there and I couldn't believe how much fun they were all having.  The last time we were there in the Spring, I was only able to get the twins to go down the slide once or twice before they were ready to go to the playground.  We must have done the slide 20times!  Alex felt confident enough to go down the slide all by himself and was even dragging his own potato sack up to the top!  Lukas was a bit less brave and stable, and stuck close to me.  Oliver got brave at the end and was going down on his belly face first, which of course Alex quickly mimicked. 



Lots of arts & crafts projects going on these days.  Alex is asking all the time to "Paint? Paint!"


We're getting as much use of the block around the corner (St. Albans) that has a garden in the middle, before we move.  The boys had so much fun on their bikes and Adam and I got a real workout as Alex & Lukas kept yelling "fast, fast!" and "race, race!".  

We were also recently at the Garden Discovery Museum in Cherry Hill -- thankfully we didn't loose anyone this time!

My love of consignment sales is well documented!  Adam and I have already attended one and Lena and I are off to a second one next week!  In addition to toys, puzzles (photo below) and games, I'm always able to find great pants and outerwear for the boys (shirts aren't normally such a great buy) and last time I got winter boots for everyone for under $20!


 

No comments: